Monday, February 13, 2012

Cameraless Filmmaking So Far

Welp, I haven't really decided how I like this whole idea of 'doing stuff to film and thats it'...it's definitely fun sitting in front of a newspaper pile with a strip of film and pouring colorful shit all over it, but how it's gonna look when i'm all done, i don't know yet.  One thing I know is when i put ink on film, it's a different thing for me because I'm used to putting ink on surfaces that absorb it, whereas film really doesn't want to accept it, so it's not as easy to manipulate. if you want a certain look to come from ink/oil you gotta have your gameplan prepared ahead of time, and even then it will probablt look differne than you thought it was gonna look.

I think its gonna be more my cupotea to incorporate the skills a got from practicing cameraless filmmaking into films with actual cameras and all that.  I'm interested in finding ways to combine the two.  Like scratching a cartoon humanoid hippo onto film that already had a guy having a conversation with nothing, knowing that eventually there was gonna be a scratchilly cartoon hippo there.  if that makes any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment